RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

DL360 G8 CPU blue cradle

Deaks

Hi there

I dont know if this in the right thread, if it isnt Im sorry.

Whats happen is that I was changing the motherboard out of my DL360 G8 and I put the CPU to one side and damage the blue cradle (HP Smart Guide).

Ive been looking on the internet to see if I could replace the cradle with out any luck, Ive even spoken to HP about this and they said they couldnt help.

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if so, how did you manage to get a replacement.  I dont fancy buying a new CPU for the sake of a blue cradle guide.

Kind regards and thank you for any help

Deaks

Hi,

I think you may have issues finding the answers you seek in this forum, as it's dedicated mainly to the HP Microserver in the Gen8 family; any references to the DL series are mainly when obtaining drivers for use with the Microserver.  Remaining references tend to be targeted at home servers rather than the enterprise.

I'd say your best bet is to try eBay.  You may get lucky and find a vendor selling castoff HP parts.  Otherwise, I would consider posting in the HP Enterprise Business Community forums to see if there is anyone who can help you there.

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/

Edited by LoneWolf