RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

HP Smart Update Manager updated for ProLiant servers

LoneWolf

Version 6.2.0.0 released on 1/14/2014:

Description:

HP Smart Update Manager is a product which updates firmware and software on HP ProLiant servers, and firmware on HP Integrity servers. HP SUM has a browser-based GUI; as well as a scriptable interface using legacy command line interface, inputfile, and console (technology preview) modes. For more information, please see the Enterprise Information Library, www.hp.com/go/hpsum/documentation.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=5387585&spf_p.tpst=swdMain&spf_p.prp_swdMain=wsrp-navigationalState%3Didx%253D%257CswItem%253DMTX_2a70b283a9794c6f853a95d4aa%257CswEnvOID%253D4064%257CitemLocale%253D%257CswLang%253D%257Cmode%253D%257Caction%253DdriverDocument&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

• Like 1

Lonewolf

Thanks for this.

Problem is when I run it it asks me for a baseline which I haven't got, but when I try to create one it says that the path already exists?

What am I doing wrong? Where you able to install it? If so how? :-)

I am having the same exact problem as neuranet.  Any one have a step by step on how to get this to work with Windows 2012 Essentials R2? 

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

I think you need to add a baseline repository... I am still waiting for mine to download all the files:

In the top left, click on the drop down next to HPSUM 6.2

Under Options select BaseLine Library

Click Add BaseLine on the left menu

On the first drop down select: download from HP.com

On the next option select a directory

Then click on Add or Retrieve List (sorry I didn't make a note of what I did fully).

This will start to download all the HP updates.

From there HPSUM can work out what to update.

Hope that helps/works.

• Like 1

I think you need to add a baseline repository... I am still waiting for mine to download all the files:

Then click on Add or Retrieve List (sorry I didn't make a note of what I did fully).

Hope that helps/works.

The above seems to work, i had to log off and restart the HPSUM page to re-run the inventory.

Hope that helps/works.

Thanks Mehtaman!  That was a big help! +1

Version 6.2.0.0 released on 1/14/2014:

Description:

HP Smart Update Manager is a product which updates firmware and software on HP ProLiant servers, and firmware on HP Integrity servers. HP SUM has a browser-based GUI; as well as a scriptable interface using legacy command line interface, inputfile, and console (technology preview) modes. For more information, please see the Enterprise Information Library, www.hp.com/go/hpsum/documentation.

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=5387585&spf_p.tpst=swdMain&spf_p.prp_swdMain=wsrp-navigationalState%3Didx%253D%257CswItem%253DMTX_2a70b283a9794c6f853a95d4aa%257CswEnvOID%253D4064%257CitemLocale%253D%257CswLang%253D%257Cmode%253D%257Caction%253DdriverDocument&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

Thanks LoneWolf!  Even running on WHS2011 it seems to have made sure my firmware on the P222 and the NIC drivers were the latest.