RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Audio Files Conversion

Alvin Ramard

I'm looking for suggestions for software to convert all my audio files to files to MP3 format. At first glance, it looks like M4V, AAC, and WMV, are the main ones I'll be dealing with.

I know there's lots of free ones out there but I was just wondering what the group here has to say about them.

Thanks in advance.

Alvin

Thanks, but addins are not an option for me at this time. I'm only running Vail, not WHS1.

Alvin

Thanks pcdoc. I'll check it out.

I see they also have a package for copying Blu-Ray movies. I think I need to check that one out too.

Alvin

Had a few issues with their Blu-Ray converter with heavy stuttering but I have never tried their ripper. Let us know how that works out.

pcdoc,

I guess I'll have to give it a test run before buying it. Your comment was not too encouraging.

It'll be a while yet before I'm ready to try it. I need to get my hand on a Blu-Ray drive first. There goes more money.

Alvin

I am sure that it will not happen to everyone but it did not work for me. One variable though is I was pulling the DB movies from my server not a disk. When I get a chance I will try that.

I use foobar2000 for all audio converting. You wil need to download the encoder for whatever file format you are looking to convert to and from. It will use title-formatting to write file names and directory structures based on metadata.

It also can be used as a ripper. Once you get over the learning curve, you will be amazed at what it can do.

• 2 weeks later...

<p>I'm looking for suggestions for software to convert all my audio files to files to MP3 format. At first glance, it looks like M4V, AAC, and WMV, are the main ones I'll be dealing with.</p><p>I know there's lots of free ones out there but I was just wondering what the group here has to say about them.</p><p>Thanks in advance.</p><p>Alvin</p>

Does it need to be done on your WHS? If not you can try Audacity. It's not the easiest way as you will probably have to do them one by one.