RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Poppapete

ip Camera

Poppapete

Blue Iris released V4.0 on Christmas Day.

Price is 50% off for anyone with V3.0 (& maybe 2.0).

I have upgraded. Not a lot of difference but I am a sucker for keeping up with software updates.

Supposed to have added better support for Pan/Tilt cameras which I do not have.

Drashna Jaelre

It also finally offers a 64 bit version, which allows for proper utilization of large amounts of memory.

Though, if you install the 64 bit version, make sure you install the vcredist manually first, as the installer doesn't check or download it, and you WILL run into issues with it, otherwise.

Also, the "live stream" or whatever it's called. In the main UI, it shows when the cameras were active and triggered.

It also does a better job of seeking and such, in theory. 

And it definitely does seem to run better, overall.

Also, I'm not exactly thrilled about the upgrade being a paid one.... But I do understand the reasoning behind it.

Poppapete

I did install the 64 bit version and have not had issues.

Isn't that the runtime C++?

Doesn't that load with the install if you don't have it?

On a search I find vcredist_x86.exe dated 27/09/2014 ( sorry 09/27/2014 for you guys)

So maybe I already had it!!!!!

Running it on an i3 ( 3 X 3MP Cameras) as the only program and it uses 36% cpu which is about what  it was using with V 3.0 32 bit.

Probably is running a little smoother or maybe I just hope so since I have paid for it!!!!!!!!

Jason

Did you uninstall 3.0 32 but before installing 4.0 64 bit? Did it preserve your settings? How do you get it to migrate your 3.0 settings without manually redoing each?

Poppapete

3.0 32 still operating. They share the same settings files. You do not have to do anything it just works after install.

One thing. I had 3.0 running as a service. It must be closed before upgrade.

The 4.0 installs as a 15 day demo version. When you pay the 50% discount fee a new key is given so you now have 2 keys so both are fully licensed.

The discount coupon # is located in the 3.0 info box.

Jason

You updated from 3.0 32 bit to 4.0 64 bit without uninstalling first and it kept your settings? Wow.

Jason

Got it to work now. Took a few hoops on my end. Also noticed they have an update already 4.x.x.6 that addresses among other things the error when you try to launch 4.0 64 bit.

Drashna Jaelre

Got it to work now. Took a few hoops on my end. Also noticed they have an update already 4.x.x.6 that addresses among other things the error when you try to launch 4.0 64 bit.

Meaning the installer now downloads and installs the VC++ redistribution (which was my problem).  And no, the 4.0.0.5 installer DID NOT download and install this. 

As for CPU use, I am using an AMD APU (A8), because it's what I had spare. It was using about 35-45% on average, but not closer to 25%, so it's definitely been optimized. Though, it's using more RAM now. (which is fine, 8GBs in the system).

Also, I'm not using any HD cams. Only have 6 hooked up, and they're 480p (640x480). (phasing out a bunch of linksys "80N"s that crash my wireless router).

Poppapete

Do you mean you have to launch as an "administrator"?