RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Poppapete

ip Camera

itGeeks

After much research I have settled on a Hikvision DS-CD2032-I ($138.00) a 3MP Outdoor rated Bullet Camera and a similar Dahua IPC-HFW4300S ($125.00). Both bought from China on Alibaba with free postage. Only the Hikvision has arrived so far. I had to change the IP address using SADP tool from there website. No trouble getting it going via a browser. Then tried their software. GUI not very friendly but works. Then tried ISpy and ran into lots of trouble. Finally tried Blue Iris . All I can say is that it is streets ahead of the other software for a novice like me. Easy to set up the motion alerts, recording schedules and file structure. Only downside is that after 15 days I will have to pay for it.  I can't comment on the vision quality as this is my first camera but it looks brilliant

WOW, Great catch with this Hikvision DS-CD2032-I. I never would of purchased this on my own because of the low cost of the camera, What do you think about Hikvision Dome Camera DS-2CD2132-I? It looks like it has the same specs as the DS-CD2032-I and I would love to replace all my bullet cameras with domes around my home. Also would you mind logging in to my cameras and telling me if the picture is much better on your cams?

http://myds1.automotiveroadside.com:5000/mycams

User Name: Demo

Password: demO2014

Thank you for taking the time.

Edited by Mr Fixit

Jason

Am currently running a Foscam FI9821 wireless day/night pan/tilt IP cam as a baby monitor. Thinking of adding a second camera in main area of house to view via Blue Iris. Which of these other cameras do you recommend? Am leaving free standing. The cameras aren't mounted in ceiling or on walls.

Poppapete

Mr Fixit:

I didn't buy the domes because I want camera's for external use and these are rated IP66.

Can't log on with "demO2014"

The Dome looks to have the same specs but has the choice of a 2.8mm lens which the external won't need.

Jason:

I'm no expert but you probably need a "Cube" with lower resolution.

DS-2CD8153F-E which also comes in a wifi version

Edited by Poppapete

itGeeks

Mr Fixit:

I didn't buy the domes because I want camera's for external use and these are rated IP66.

Can't log on with "demO2014"

The Dome looks to have the same specs but has the choice of a 2.8mm lens which the external won't need.

Jason:

I'm no expert but you probably need a "Cube" with lower resolution.

DS-2CD8153F-E which also comes in a wifi version

poppapete,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am sorry your having trouble logging in to my cameras that's because I gave you the wrong user name, Please see below for correct log-in info. You will get a security worning but thats ok, Its just becouse I dont have an SSL Cert on my NAS.

http://myds1.automotiveroadside.com:5000/mycams

User Name: Demo321

Password  :demO2014

No disrespect but you say "you don't buy dome cameras because these are for external use" Well depending on the location and environment that you install cameras may very well be y you would want dome cameras, Y? Because if you have allot of vandalism in your aria or the cameras are not installed high enough so someone cant reach them with objects to knock the camera out of whack, ect. then Domes are perfect. The model dome I was asking you about Hikvision Dome Camera DS-2CD2132-I is rated IP66 but I am just not sure its as good as the camera you got. Anyway if you could please try and login again to my cameras and please let me know if the video is much better on your cams then mine, I would be grateful.

Edited by Mr Fixit

ikon

Just a small caution: I have found that I prefer bullet cams outdoors because domes tend to get dirty too easily and require too much cleaning. In cold climates they also tend to fog up a fair bit, and snow flakes stick to the dome, melt when the sun comes up, and then freeze into annoying drops when it gets cold again.

itGeeks

Just a small caution: I have found that I prefer bullet cams outdoors because domes tend to get dirty too easily and require too much cleaning. In cold climates they also tend to fog up a fair bit, and snow flakes stick to the dome, melt when the sun comes up, and then freeze into annoying drops when it gets cold again.

ikon,

Thanks for the tip, Guess I will try Hikvision's Bullet Camera instead. http://www.hikvision.com/en/Products_show.asp?id=7326 What make & Model of 1080P cameras do you use for both indoor & outdoor?

Thanks for taking the time.

Jason

Do any Blue Iris users know if the app can auto switch a day/night camera between modes? If I login to my Foscam camera's web page it has an AUTO setting. Whereas it seems BI overrides this and sets to manual. I must tap a light bulb icon in my iOS app to enable night vision.

ikon

Most of the systems I've been involved with are for commercial use, so are using commercial products, mostly Honeywell. I don't recall the camera models ATM, but you can find their 1080p cams on their web site.

Jason

Discovered in Blue Iris if you click and hold the lightbulb icon, it puts the IP camera into auto mode if it supports it. It will then switch between day/night modes based on lighting conditions.

Poppapete

No disrespect but you say "you don't buy dome cameras because these are for external use" Well depending on the location and environment that you install cameras may very well be y you would want dome cameras, Y? Because if you have allot of vandalism in your aria or the cameras are not installed high enough so someone cant reach them with objects to knock the camera out of whack, ect. then Domes are perfect. The model dome I was asking you about Hikvision Dome Camera DS-2CD2132-I is rated IP66 but I am just not sure its as good as the camera you got. Anyway if you could please try and login again to my cameras and please let me know if the video is much better on your cams then mine, I would be grateful.

I logged in about 15:56:00 Brisbane Australia Time and that was the time showing on your clock in the bottom left but all the Cameras were showing 00:56:00 which would be just after midnight East Coast USA. Very cold and dark considering it is about 87 F here today.  For night time those images look pretty good to me. The advantage of the 3MP's is that you can zoom way into a snapshot and still see things but I will have a look when its daytime at your place and get back to you.  You are correct re that dome and IP66. However I am not worried about vandalism more to do with the bullets not needing cleaning of the actual dome and the dome itself must affect the image as well. They are excellent value for money and as noted  by "networkcameracritic" these kind of cameras were costing over $1000 12 months ago.

Edited by Poppapete