RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Mozy is NOT Working on a Windows Home Server Software Client

Fernis

• 5 months later...

It's a bummer that Mozy doesn't support WHS, but I can understand why. I have a large internet pipe and ~14 TB worth of data. If Mozy offered an unlimited option, I'd probably jump on it, and spend the next month filling up my bandwidth sending them all my stuff.

<p>I was researching offsite online backups from my WHS and found this article about Mozy. Their product looks nice, but would cost way to much since they won't be supporting WHS for their home packages.</p><p>Click on the link below to read the story...</p><p>Mozy Not Planning on Supporting WHS Story Link</p>

I'm currently using CrashPlan to backup my WHS. It isn't "officially" supported, but they have not prevented its use, and even have a post on their knowledgebase on how to install the software on WHS.

It has worked wonderfully for me so far, and i have even backed up the PCs of my family on my WHS.

I just sent an e-mail to BackBlaze to see if they can start supporting WHS. They were the ones that had the 45 drive storage pod that people discussed a while back.

http://blog.backblaze.com/2009/09/01/petabytes-on-a-budget-how-to-build-cheap-cloud-storage/

It would take me a while to buy enough drives to fill up a case that can hold 45 drives, and then even longer to fill it. But it'd be a nice back up solution.

backblaze-storage-pod-main-components.jpg

Edited by AllToga

• 1 month later...
Guest no-control

Is it just me or does $750 seem like a lot for a stamped steel box, some hardware to put it together and some backplane boards? I've saw this when it first came out and it was panned pretty heavily for killing drives due to vibration. I don't recall if it was before or after their rubberband fix (ghetto mod?) to rectify the issue.