RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Just Checking

Powerline Adapters - Peoples Experiences

ikon

Some time ago I installed wired (CAT6) connections and gave away the 302's.

I think that pretty much says it all :)

Drashna Jaelre

Yup. Pretty much. 

Also, does the fact that I a) hate running cable through the crawlspace, and B), the fact that every room has at least one cable/connection say anything? :)

ikon

My first objective is running cable is running a pull string. After that I can just pull cable til the cows come home. I always leave the pull string in place, for the next time ;)

ikon

I wonder what the maximum COAX distance is? They sell similar devices for IP Surveillance Cameras, but they cost a lot more. I suspect the difference is that the IP Camera devices are designed to go much further. However, it would be interesting to see if one of the Actiontec devices could be used for IP Cameras. It might be a viable option over running new CAT5(e) cable, particularly in homes and apartments.

pcdoc

I'm surprised more MoCA discussion isn't involved here. Cable outlets aren't as proliferated as power outlets of course, but most homes built in the past 10-15 years have cable outlets in the majority of rooms you'd find PCs used.

https://www.actiontec.com/251.html

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA0FU0EY7308

Great point.  MoCA seems to be far more reliable when the houses are wired correctly.  There are some real mickey mouse wiring jobs that can cause issues but overall that is a great suggestion.  I always seem to forget about MoCA.

Poppapete

I am a member of MOCA (Mustang Owners Club Australia) and don't see how it can help me wire my apartment!!!!

ikon

Welllll, you take 12 Mustangs, park them nose to tail from your front door to your balcony......... :)

Seriously, don't they have, like, a 12-step program for Mustang addicts in OZ? :D

axoid

You do know that owning a Mustang is considered a disease is some places.  :D

Bill

(Camaro owner)

ikon

Mustang vs Camaro owners: never the twain shall meet :D