RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Media server add in that supports wav files?

GabonPhil

Happy new year everyone.

My wav files stutter using the media server provided with whs 2011.

Today I tried Serviio, but it doesn't support wav format. Since then I've searched for alternatives, but I'm drowning in information.

May I have some recommendations for a whs 2011 media server add in that supports wav files please?

Regards and thanks.

Phil

Serviio worked very well for me too. As far as conversion goes, the MyMovies software for WHS includes

an option to monitor and automatically convert media to a designated format. 

A less graceful option would be one of the giveaway sites. They are forever giving away video conversion 

software. Most will convert, but not automatically monitor and convert a folder. But they are usually free.\

giveawayoftheday.com

sharewareonsale.com

giveaway.glarysoft.com

Or just use handbrake, but is is a bit more complicated to use.

I believe some people have also used Subsonic http://www.subsonic.org/pages/index.jsp but it looks like it might have to transcode the WAV files on the fly to some other format.

Like mentioned above you might be better off converting your WAV files into a different format that will be easier to stream.

Thanks for the prompt responses everyone.

Have been researching all your suggestions;  agreed converting to flac seems sensible.

Will do some experimenting today.

Thanks again.

I believe some people have also used Subsonic http://www.subsonic.org/pages/index.jsp but it looks like it might have to transcode the WAV files on the fly to some other format.

Like mentioned above you might be better off converting your WAV files into a different format that will be easier to stream.

Which format do you store your movies in?  Was thinking of converting folder rips. mp4 universal, appletv? etc.

Which format do you store your movies in?  Was thinking of converting folder rips. mp4 universal, appletv? etc.

Are you talking to me????  We were talking about WAV files so I assumed it was audio.

If you are asking me about movies...I have been migrating to H.264 MP4 files because they work easily with PLEX.

Are you talking to me????  We were talking about WAV files so I assumed it was audio.

If you are asking me about movies...I have been migrating to H.264 MP4 files because they work easily with PLEX.

Yes @cskenney.

I have a well curated DVD collection done in DVD folder rips via AnyDVD and CloneDVD. They play well on my jailbroken TV, but not with PLEX.

In the Video Converter portion of MyMovies for WHS2011 there are many options. I want good quality for TV with PLEX compatibility for iPad.
It would seem MP4 Normal, MP4 Universal or maybe one of the ATV settings would work.

Any suggestions?

My question is closed out thanks HomeServerShow team.

Confirming flac format music files play smoothly using Serviio.

Converting the wav files using dbpoweramp was quick and easy. The dbpoweramp intrerface allowed unattended conversion of my entire music library, the software even created folders and subfiolders for me.

Thanks again everyone.

My question is closed out thanks HomeServerShow team.

Confirming flac format music files play smoothly using Serviio.

Converting the wav files using dbpoweramp was quick and easy. The dbpoweramp intrerface allowed unattended conversion of my entire music library, the software even created folders and subfiolders for me.

Thanks again everyone.

Glad you solved it. When I was using a mediaserver Serviio was the best option I found. Better for me than Twonky and all the others. Now to look at dbpoweramp.