RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

DHCP not giving IP address to non-domain members

Drashna Jaelre

Actually, if you want to get tricky and complicated, you can do exactly that. Or only certain vender types, or ....

And I wasn't sure about the authorized thing. But I do know that if you go the the properties for the DHCP server, you should be able to manually authorize it, and even change the binding credentials. But yes, uninstalling and reinstalling the ROLE is easier.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ikon

• jem101

• jmwills

• Drashna Jaelre

.snip

But yes, uninstalling and reinstalling the ROLE is easier.

I like the nuclear option, crude but usually effective :)

John

Yep. Just did it to my WHS2011 setup... still in progress... dang it takes a long time to get a config completely back up to scratch :(

I would think that part of the setup script that installs that particular OS would set the server to be the authoritative server.  Since we have not heard back form the OP, i think we are running off on a tangent.

I would think that part of the setup script that installs that particular OS would set the server to be the authoritative server.  Since we have not heard back form the OP, i think we are running off on a tangent.

Going off on a tangent?

Us?

On this forum?

Surely you jest sir!

Drashna Jaelre

In theory, yes it should. But you know how theory goes. Especially when talking about .. well us. :P

Going off on a tangent?

Us?

On this forum?

Surely you jest sir!

I know, right?

Drashna Jaelre

I still think the issue is with using the 26 bit subnet.

It very could be. I'd be interested it changing it to 24 fixes the issue or not.....

It's all part of our charm ;)

Charm? What's this charm that you speak of? Is it like this other thing I've heard of? "Tact"? :)