RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Newegg HD shipping

storeybored

I just got 3 hard drives from Newegg that I have been waiting on for 2 weeks since black friday. I opened the box and there was no bubble wrap or plastic HD cage or filler... I'm super pissed and waiting an hour for them to call me back so I can yell at them. I don't think I even want to open them up and use them after they've been crashing into each other in the box. My first bad experience with new egg... I JUST WANT TO BUILD MY SERVER!!!

Am I out of line... should I just use them and see what happens? I know if I RMA them I probably won't get new ones for weeks because of the holidays. Just got off the phone with customer service (thank God they have a call back option) and they said they will test them and if they work there is no guarantee they won't just send me back the same drives. Still pissed... what happened to customer service... 

I did just write them an email with a picture attached... I'm not a complainer, this drives me crazy that an electronics company would just throw drives in a box and send them across country

Pretty much what I received from them last time too. Drives have been doing fine, I hope it continues that way.

I recently ordered a switch from them and it went down by $10 before it even shipped. I e-mailed them, it took

about two weeks, but because I was a "good customer" they credited me. Otherwise they said prices are in

real time and they don't usually do that.

That's fine I'll just send it back next time to spite you.