RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

meta browser

eobie

Does anyone have the old beta version of metabrowser. I reformatted by drive after getting a SSD and had to download the new free version. It no longer fills out the synopsis and also only gives you small pics.

thanks!

thats the one that i installed, but it looks like it took functionality away. i just want the beta before that one.

k i figured out the synopsis, the small images is a problem with the fetcher. apparently the only way to get big pictures now is to buy version 2.. forget that, small pics it is.

Hm, that's kind of a pricey app. $29.99 to buy, $19.99 for annual renewal.

Other than the price, how would you rate metabrowser for features and ease of use?

This is rough.

It was a free app. It did get more option for Movies but has dropped TV series for now. Then an annual fee, OUCH. Media Browser was considering going to a paid subscription but dropped it.

I have this installed on my EX490 and am running utorrent for my TV series and Video Conversion. They don't work well together.

For those who like something simple, try TV Scout. http://tvscout.codeplex.com/

using media center master......... works awesome and is far better than meta<browser/>, dont know why it took me so long to find it.

How long have you been using MCM? I see a lot of version updates which may indicate that it may not be all that stable.

just today. i havent had any problems with it. also, frequent updates means they are doing their job. i rather a program be frequently updated than run stagnant.

• 3 weeks later...