RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Why is "Customize backup for the computer" missing

generic

All of a sudden I've seemed to have lost a few commands for a few of my client computers on the server.  Here is a screenprint of the Dashboard:

What did I do to lose commands such as "Customize backup for the computer"?

Without.PNG

Thought I'd add some more information though I'm not sure what folks need to help...

There are 5 client computers, 2 Win7 Home and 3 Win 8.1 Pro.  The first two computers in the Dashboard are Win7 devices but only the first allows/displays "Customize backup..."  Below are two screenshots, one when the first computer is highlighted and the second with the second computer (or any of the others as well) are highlighted.

Computer ONE.PNG

Computer OTHER.PNG

I am not sure if I am understanding you but in both those screen shots I see the customize client backup and file history on the right hand side under "device tasks"

I am not sure if I am understanding you but in both those screen shots I see the customize client backup and file history on the right hand side under "device tasks"

You are correct, the default "Customize" is available under device tasks but the individual client option is not available above.  I cannot access drive choices, etc.  The first image in for computer #1 but the second image is what appears choosing any of the clients beneath #1.

Actually Mr Fixit, it says "deviceS tasks": i.e. tasks that apply to multiple devices rather than ones that apply to a specific computer. I believe the item generic is looking for should appear in the top half of that 1st screen shot but, for some reason, it's missing.

Ikon, you nailed it!

And except for last week's MS updates I haven't done anything to the devices. 

Went ahead and uninstalled and re-installed the connectors for all computers and all has returned to normal (except for the one device I forgot to script the registry to skip domain join - jeez).

Ah. I forgot to check the forum name (i.e. WSE2012). I believe the issue with having to reinstall the Connector after updating non-Domain computers is known. I think TinkerTry noted it.