RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

The Lumia 520 as a Zune replacement

Rod at home

I've been listening to the 12/5/2013 Home Server Show podcast where it was mentioned that Nokia and Microsoft had a deal going on for $49.99 for a Nokia Lumia 520 off contract. I believe the deal is over, but the Microsoft stores have the Lumia 520 on sale for $59, which is still a good deal.

But the question I'd like answered is one of them said the Lumia 520 is a good Zune replacement. In what way is it a Zune replacement? I've got a Zune HD which I use for all of my music and podcasting. I also have a Nokia Lumia 928, but have never used it for podcasting. (I have used it for some music, but very little.) So, bottom line, I'd like to know how the 520 is a Zune replacement?

I use an old ( are we at the point where two year old devices are old ? ) HTC titan I  as a media player

Works fine -  as I am sure the Nokia 520 will also.   Listen to podcasts all the time.

I use the Zune PC software to set up my syncs and Library

One key advantage that not even  the iPod's have-   once you set it up to your desktop -  you can enable remote sync.

So I don't have to hook it up to a computer to update podcasts    after 10 minutes on AC charge it will automatically sync

With Skype, you could even  do phone calls if you have it connected to wi-fi 

• Like 1

I use Podcast Picker to listen to podcasts on my 520 and it works great.  My only weird issue is every so often I have to reboot the phone to stop drop outs when using my Sony bluetooth head phones.  I have never had any trouble when used with the bluetooth in my truck.  This was a much cheaper option than replacing my broken Ipod Touch.

• Like 1

The 520 also has an SD card slot.  It will take a 64Gb card.  The 928 will not do that!  Xbox music works on it just like any other WP device too.

• Like 1