RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
okhomer

Old 80 GB sata drives

okhomer

My work has a whole bunch of old 80 GB Sata drives.  Give me ideas I can do with them.  Ready...Set...GO!!!!

schoondoggy

1. You can make a model car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lukfDviCU-o

2. Take then apart to get the magnets. Watch people pinch their fingers playing with them.

Edited by schoondoggy

ikon

I 2nd the 'retrieve the magnets' suggestion. I have tons of them around the house. They're great for all kinds of things, including finding small screws that are accidentally dropped on the floor or carpet. They also make uber stud finders (they find screws or nails used to hold up drywall better than just about any other magnet).

• Like 1

jmwills

RAID 0 those bad boys.

Drashna Jaelre

I 2nd the 'retrieve the magnets' suggestion. I have tons of them around the house. They're great for all kinds of things, including finding small screws that are accidentally dropped on the floor or carpet. They also make uber stud finders (they find screws or nails used to hold up drywall better than just about any other magnet).

Also, if you have one of those wall mounted bottle openers, the magnets go great underneath those. Depending on the shapes, it may be the exact right size. :)

Also, the magnets would work great to degauss the old CRTs that your work is probably throwing out too. :P

ikon

Also, the magnets would work great to degauss the old CRT that your work is probably throwing out too.

Yeah, by why would you want to? :D

Drashna Jaelre

Ummm, who doesn't want to set up 9 CRTs into a huge screen. 

Just think of that in Winter!!! You wouldn't need a space heater. Just a generator. :P

ikon

ME!! :D I was sooo glad to see the end of the CRT era.