RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

I try to do an BIOS upgrade om my N54L

SaiTech

I create an BIOS upgrade stick with C:\SWSetup\SP64420\USB Key\HPQUSB.exe

I have problem to boot the USB-Stick in the Microserver. I got all files on the USB and it is activ. Only got missing OS..

/SaiTech

Edited by SaiTech

I'm not sure I understand what exactly you did.

Did you get the most current HP Factory BIOS at http://tinyurl.com/orkr9ct

Did you follow HP's instructions

Installation:

1. Obtain a formatted USB Key media.

2. Download the SoftPaq to a directory on a system running Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Microsoft Windows Server 2008, or Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 and change to that directory.

3. From that drive and directory, execute the downloaded SoftPaq file: Simply double click on the SPxxxxx.exe file and follow the installation wizard to complete the SoftPaq installation process. At the end of a successful installation of the SoftPaq a web page will automatically appear to provide you with the different methods for restoring and/or upgrading the firmware on the system.

4. After the USB Key is created, you may delete the downloaded file if you wish.

5. Insert this USB Key into the USB Key port of the system to be updated and power the system on to boot to the USB Key.

Flashing the BIOS should give you pretty much the same screen as Flashing the previous Version of the BIOS did in

I Think so, I have an folder on my c drive

C:\SWSetup\SP64420

The USB-Stick:

AUTOEXEC.BAT

COMMAND.COM

CONFIG.SYS

fat32lba.bss

flash.bat

IBMBIO.COM

IBMDOS.COM

kbd.exe

kernel.sys

ldlinux.sys

O41100113.ROM

readme.1st

Readme.txt

syslinux.cfg

I have no disk in the box, and the USB-stick flash when try to boot.

Hi again,

I did also looked at this webpage,

http://terfmop.co.uk/blog/2013/07/31/hp-proliant-n54l-bios-modification-guide-allow-hot-plug-sata-and-5th-sata-port/

But same result:

When booting on the USB-stick I get "Missing Operating System"

The Video refrences HP ProLiant N40L MicroServer Build and BIOS Modification Revisited -- I've never had a problem following the instructions in that Blog Posting.  I have not tried flashing the new SP64420 or it's Mod but it shouldn't be different.