RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

SSHD Good or Bad?

okhomer

For the money they do a good job, but the SSD caching portion is only 8GB. If you have room to add a real SSD that would be the best performance. What OS are you running? Do you have room for two drives? 

I do currently have 2 drives.  The 120 SSD for the OS and a 320 HD for recorded TV.  I am thinking I need a new SSD and need to get a larger HD for recorded TV.

I would upgrade the current setup with a new faster SSD, and a faster storage drive.  That is how I run mine and they boot cold in 20-25 secs.  The optimize ideas that Schoondoggy mentions has really help and I still do the same thing to this day.  Keeps your SSD in top performing shape over the long haul.

Has the performance been the same over time or has it gotten slower?

I find a clean install helps a lot. I would wipe both drives. Make sure the SSD is at its latest firmware.

PCDOC has a nice process for setting up SSD's;

I would upgrade the current setup with a new faster SSD, and a faster storage drive.  That is how I run mine and they boot cold in 20-25 secs.  The optimize ideas that Schoondoggy mentions has really help and I still do the same thing to this day.  Keeps your SSD in top performing shape over the long haul.

Thanks for you info.  I will try optimize ideas.  I have also thought of reinstalling windows.  I am not sure how long this is has been going on.  I don't restart this PC to much.  But when I do it takes awhile.  Here is the video of it.