• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• jjbrunton
      By jjbrunton
      Has anyone came across this before?

https://imgur.com/a/FUk8M

I've tried booting with the cache module in the card and then reinstalling the cache. I've tried reseating the card, I've tried reseating the cache module.

Any ideas?
    • marty_oc
      By marty_oc
      Hi guys, this will be quite long, so be warned :-D

I run Microserver Gen8 for several years now. I have one issue which happens on any cold boot (swich off the server, then switch on; no need to remove power outlet). 
      My config is following:
      * Linux Debian operating system
      * SSD in optical drive bay connected to SATA intended for ODD, intended as main system disk holding Debian Linux
      * 3.5" HDD in bay 1 used as single drive
      * 3x 3.5" HDDs in bays 2-4 used in software RAID 5 (mdraid, no LVM)

To be able to boot from ODD SATA connector holding SSD with Linux, I needed to configure booting from integrated RAID controller and configure my SSD as one-disk-only RAID0 array. This works perfectly - I configure this logical volume in storage administrator and set it as bootable and server boots perfectly. I can see the SSD as /dev/sde and I can access it directly, it is seen by the system as regular SATA connected HDD. 
      Upon coldboot, HP RAID configuration is lost. If I boot from Debian Rescue disk (I have one permanently in iLO SD card slot), I can still see my SSD as /dev/sde and I can access all the data with no issues. When I open HP Storage Administrator and go through creating new array consisting of the SSD only, data is not lost and after setting it as bootable I can boot again without problems. 

So what now? 
      I have a backup plan that would consist of using SD card in iLO slot as boot drive that would hold just GRUB and will be able to hand off all stuff to my SSD. 
      However, I would like to find out what is wrong with the HP RAID controller. Is it me who is stupid or just the controller does not support this unusual config?

Ideas, anyone? 
    • drew_p2000
      By drew_p2000
      Hi all,

This is my very first post in these forums so I am sorry if this topic is listed somewhere else on one of the other threads. 

I've been using WHS 2011 for a number of years on a gen8. It boots from a SSD drive on the ODD slot and the remaining 4 drive bays are used for media/document storage. I also use drive bender to maintain duplication of some of the shared folders in place of a RAID configuration. 

I am considering upgrading to Windows Server Essentials 2016 to ensure that the OS remains as secure as it can be. 

Has anyone been through a similar upgrade and if so, can you share your experiences

Thanks in advance
    • Bungow
      By Bungow
      Hello

I have a Micreoserver gen8 with a new P222 and 4 X 4TB WD red drives forming a raid6 array. The problem is i can hear a loud noise comming from HDD like a intense reading disk operation, but when disks suposly are idle. This happen periodicaly like each 15 minutos or so. I think this can be a checking disk operation from p222 raid card but is anoying and I'm not sure. Can you provide any hint to this?

Thank You