RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

How many Apple products do you have?

I play in both worlds. I am a big Windows Media Center user and have a HP470 home server. I became interested in apple products with the purchase of first gen iPhone. I purchased an iMac later to explore OS X. Wife and daughter now use that, and I have MacBook Pro for my use. I use it split 50/50 with Bootcamp (Windows 7) and OS X. I am a .Net developer and use boot camp to manage development and to Run Quicken. I use OS X for photography, home video, etc.

Looking forward to iPhone 4 since I still have 3G at the moment. Still no iPad.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ImTheTypeOfGuy

• Dave

• pcdoc

• dvn

I wish AJ were here to tabulate the results!

I think roddy made a good point. The Apple II generation of computers educated many students including myself. Before they became "evil" as many of you have eluded to. I think the Commodore PET was my first attempt at coding though. Then there was the C64 and the TI-99 4/A. Argh, different thread needed for that!

I'm not real surprised by these results. There are a few haters but for the most part a mixed environment is the norm. Although, not everyone has taken it as far as purchasing a true Apple computer. I would consider a true mixed environment as that. PC's in the house and a Mac as well.

Please keep up the conversation. This has been an interesting thread.

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I worship those of you that said none. Even God hates itunes and apple!

I voted the mac integration down! To much of a risk to screw up vail.

Yeah, I am a major hater!

So much hate ITTOG! You really should have that looked at!

I don't like iTunes either but after buying the iPad on a whim I'm really digging it. I've been talking and tweeting way to much Apple stuff lately so I have a solution for you guys. A new site and a new twitter handle for all that stuff. I'll try to tone down the Apple stuff on homeservershow.

0 - iPod Touch
0 - iPhone
0 - Macbook Pro
0 - iMac 27"
0 - Apple Router
0 - older iPod

IOW, none :) I don't hate Apple products. I do dislike the prices. I do dislike Jobs. More, I dislike what Jobs does, successful or not in the market, to Apple.

Well hopefully everyone will be happy that I'm moving all this Apple stuff off of homeservershow.com and over to http://addingapple.com

If anyone wants to participate in a mixed environment type site it's the place for you. Otherwise, back to the good stuff!

Show 93 records tonight!

jmwills

woohoo!! For the record....2 aging iPods and i dislike iTunes because of DRM. My stuff comes form Amazon,

awraynor

1 - dual boot msi wind with win7 ultimate and snow leopard
1- building new desktop with win 7 ultimate, snow leopard and linux

BTW, have a whole lot more windows products, but there are positives to
each environment.

wodysweb

Well I really don't like everything that apple stands for in how they design their software, create a completely closed environment, overprice everything, and tell you how to do things...with that being said I do own an 3gs because it was simply the best phone out there when I bought it. Here's to hoping that everyone else catches up so in a year when I get a new phone I won't have to repeat this and can ditch everything that is wrong with the world, aka iTunes!

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Man Dave, that ipad had really changed you. I can't believe you started a new site for it. I appreciate that but man, that is a lot of work.