RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

HP Microserver Gen8 Processor FAQ

LoneWolf

each time there is a forced shutdown, the B120i needs the hdd to be reenabled. It's a pain. Any ideas how to fix this?

• 4 weeks later...

hi all!

As a "general rule", faster memory (on same technology) will work on slower bus...

But, since servers are usually "temperamental" :), have any of you tried a DDR3 1866Mhz UDIMM memory on a Microserver Gen8?

Yes, i know it will probably run on 1600/1333Mhz speed. But I've found some 1866 sticks with a good price.

On 5/15/2020 at 11:58 AM, Griffin said:

each time there is a forced shutdown, the B120i needs the hdd to be reenabled. It's a pain. Any ideas how to fix this?

Have you replaced the system board battery?

• 3 months later...

Guys need some help,

So I've upgraded my Gen8 microserver Pentium G2020T with 1265L V2 ( used of course). Strange thing is that it seems to be working fine but the PCI express is not working ( get's hanged). I tried multiple PCI NICs and same problem. I get pink screen when using Esxi or using Ubuntu it shows hardware error that it gets hanged. I disable the PCI express card , works like a charm.

Is this a normal behaviour of upgrading to 1265L or the PCU is faulty? 

Edited by Ghebos

7 hours ago, Ghebos said:

Guys need some help,

So I've upgraded my Gen8 microserver Pentium G2020T with 1265L V2 ( used of course). Strange thing is that it seems to be working fine but the PCI express is not working ( get's hanged). I tried multiple PCI NICs and same problem. I get pink screen when using Esxi or using Ubuntu it shows hardware error that it gets hanged. I disable the PCI express card , works like a charm.

Is this a normal behaviour of upgrading to 1265L or the PCU is faulty? 

The CPU may be faulty. It could be a connection issue debris in the socket or bent pins.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I currently have a i5-3470T have noticed that the Intel Xeon E3-1260L are now very cheap. Would I notice much of a difference upgrading. Obviously the xeon has a lower clock speed but is quad vs dual core.

• 7 months later...