RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

StableBit Scanner warning

Poppapete

"WD20EARX - The head of this drive has parked 3000,001 times"

This is the only green drive I own which I bought by mistake - very cheap. Should I just change it for a Red or Black?  Can I use wrdidle3.exe on it and change the parking to 0?  Has anyone had experience with this warning?

I don't think you can run WDidle on it, but my understanding is there is no harm in trying -- it just won't do anything if the drive is not supported. The EARS drives could be WDidled.

Since you're running Stablebit Scanner, my feeling is you could continue to use the drive, but I would watch the bad sector count/reallocation. If you see it climbing unusually quickly, it might be time to either replace it or SpinRite it.

I ran wdidle on my earx drives and it worked. From what I understand it does not work on the ezrx anymore. I do not own any of these newer drives so I cannot test or confirm this.

Thanks. I will give it a go when I get a chance. The StableBit warning re head parks is getting on my nerves! :unsure:

Congrats. As pointed out in another post, wdidle mod does not provide tler. But it will reduce the wear. I use my drives in a drive extender environment and they work great.

By the way, I thought you could tell scanner to ignore the error in the future. While the wdidle mod will prevent the load count from rapid increase, it will not reduce the accumulated load counter. So the error may reappear if you do not silence it.

Edited by revengineer