RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Microsoft Technet

geek-accountant

OK, I am sure I am the last to know about this, but just in case someone else out there doesn't know, check out Microsoft's Technet program (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx).

For a first year cost of $350 (look around, $100 off coupon codes are easy to find) and then $250/year thereafter you get to download fully functioning, no time limit programs, operating systems, etc. In many cases, you als get 10 licenses per product. If you ever cancel your subscription, the programs you already have a product key for will continue to work.

The catch, well this is meant for

Dang, sorry I missed the other post and my quick check before I posted this must have been pretty poor because I didn't find anything.

Yea, I am behind on a lot of things. I just got around to the April podcast for Windows Weekly and that is where I heard about Technet.

Technet is fantastic value in a major year like Win7 is released. As long as you do not share you keys, you will be ok. The good thing is thee keys have no issue activating.

I may just have to enroll. I have been putting it off because I don't like the idea of it not being mine, like when I buy the software from a store.

We get this through my school, if there is anything that anyone wants, except for the MicroSoft Windows 7, Front Page 2003, & Server 2008 let me know I will get you the Keys, I am not a programmer and really wont be using the stuff. Also I think we get re in-rolled next month.

Here is a link to whats available: MSDN AA Software

Of course I only get one of each, and as they are gone I will post that. Please dont post them on some Pirate Board, I a offering this to the users here so that maybe we can get, develop and make some new WHS software.

ZeroHunter,

Offering to illegally provide Microsoft software, on a website related to a Microsoft product, frequented by MVPs, is not exactly what I would call a smart move.

Just my 3 cents worth.

I went ahead and made the purchase. Really a great deal especially since the software continues to work after the subscription expires. Just be sure to download the software and licence key and save it on your Homeserver.