RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
edpronay

HighPoint RocketRAID 2680 SGL and pre-filled drives.

edpronay

Hello everyone!

I'm planning to buy the HighPoint RocketRAID 2680 SGL card, but I just want to use it as additional 8 SATA ports with Drivepool - no RAID. But all my drives are already filled, do I need to initiate them before using with this card or I can just connect them, fire up Drivepool and see all my files still there. I know it will not be possible if I wanted to create a RAID array, but I'm not using RAID.

Thank you. 

Renny

I doubt this would work, it may but I cant be certain. 

Perhaps look at it this way; I presume you are adding the HPRR card to get access to more sata ports for increased storage capacity in your Drivepool.

You can leave the existing Drivepool array where it is and add drives to the pool from the HPRR card once installed etc. 

Perhaps best place to ask would be in the Drivepool forums?

• Like 1

edpronay

Well, then this is not the right card for me :(

Do you know any other card that can add 8 SATA ports to my MB?

edpronay

Ok, thanks. I'll check those cards.

edpronay

Looks all of those cards will erase my hard drives first :( I really need some simple solution, may be 2 separate cards, if they will not conflict with each other. Does anyone has some experience with those? 

ShuG

I bought a ROCKET 2720SGL NON-Raid card and fitted it to my N40L when I connected my drives with existing data on them it read them normally no reformatting required. OK i'm running it as 4 seperate drives as I don't need drivepool or any other backup system

edpronay

I bought the IBM M1015, flashed to IT mode it should be just what I need. Will update after I tried. 

schoondoggy

I think in IT mode the M1015 will not require you to format the drives. I think you may need to go into the bios of the M1015 to set the drives as JBOD/pass through. Good Luck!