RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

My Server app can't connect

suicidegybe

I am having trouble connecting to my server using the My Server App. I was able to connect before R2 but now I can. It keeps saying Server Name or remote security certificate is not valid. I have no trouble using the anywhere access so what can it be?

OK, I'm sure no expert in this area, but I suspect the error message is accurate: it's telling you that there is a certificate problem, probably that it can't verify the validity of the certificate. Hopefully, others can offer specific advice.

I'm guessing this is locally, right?  

And was this computer joined to the old domain? And the new one? (if not migrated)?

No all of my clients where fresh installs and then joined to the new domain.

One thing though my xxxxxxxx.remotewebaccess.com domain was connected to my first server 2012 essentials rig also but now has been connected to the current rig.

I have been unable to connect to the server from any computer running the my server app, but I have been able to connect every other way possible.

How do I fix the possible certificate issue?

Oh both apps came out at the same time. My Server is supposed to be for Server 2012 Essentials and My Server 2012 for Server 2012. I suddenly had the thought that My Server 2012 might have a chance of working and lo it does :)