RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
kamaran

SMART Disk Monitoring with SCSI Controller?

kamaran

I used to use a Windows Server addin called Homeserver SMART for monitoring the health of my hard disks.

Now the G8 uses the b120i SCSI controller, the Windows and the software can't actually see the disks directly, only the interface through the controller.

So how do I go about checking the health of my disks periodically?   One of them had an error a few months ago, so I wanted to keep an eye on it.

Thanks

schoondoggy

If you are using the B120i, you can get some disk health information through iLo. If you are running a Windows OS there are utilities from HP that let you monitor the array's and drives.

• Like 1

kamaran

If you are using the B120i, you can get some disk health information through iLo. If you are running a Windows OS there are utilities from HP that let you monitor the array's and drives.

Any idea where I may find these utilities for windows pls?

schoondoggy
kamaran

OK I'm aware of the utility which you can enter from BIOS, I can't see anything that I can view within Windows?

Any chance of a direct link?  the link above states no software is available.

schoondoggy
ikon

Nice to know I'm not the only one who has trouble finding stuff on the HP site. I find their search feature sorely lacking.

schoondoggy

I have no issues with the search function, but sometimes links from searches do not work.

ikon

I find it often doesn't find what I'm looking for and/or it gives results that don't seem to have any relevance to my criteria.