RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

Ooma Telo VOIP Home System on woot.com $79.99

Dave

I am using this system and have been for about a year now.  $4 a month for basic service and unlimited calling.  e911 for kids was why I got it.

woot.com  Click the tech woot section.  Shipping $5.

jmwills

Does it plug into your existing telephone wiring?

awraynor

One cable to your router, the other to your phone system. Mine has worked well for years.

jmwills

So, yes?  It can run back through your hard wired home phone lines?

Jason

Amazing device. My monthly bill is under $4. I just plug this device into phone so the family has access to the answering machine buttons directly on the Ooma adapter. Have opted not to hide it away in a wiring closet.

awraynor

My phone outlet is in the kitchen so I hid mine in the wiring closet and just use the old phone base station.

But you obviously can do it either way. We went pro to be able to block the telemarketers.

cskenney

I decided to buy one when we moved into our new house.  Mine sits on the desk in my office.  One thing I don't like is the blue glow off all the buttons at night.

I also wish I had got it for the price it is on Woot...I paid a few dollars more.

Joe_Miner

I got mine a couple of months ago and it has been great.  Plugged it into my home wiring system no problem -- I went with the pro in order to use the blocking/blacklist system.

The Ooma unit is in the basement and I have it set to 9+ rings so that our regular Answering machine picks ut up.

awraynor

I decided to buy one when we moved into our new house.  Mine sits on the desk in my office.  One thing I don't like is the blue glow off all the buttons at night.

I also wish I had got it for the price it is on Woot...I paid a few dollars more.

Can't you tap the sun icon on the base unit which dims or disables the lights?