• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JasonP

• schoondoggy

• ikon

• jmwills

On a random note. I tried running SYSPREP and I got to the Windows Logo and the system crashed. What would cause that and can I find out why?

Will look into seeing If I can pull the drivers out of the .exe if I can find the right ones and correct way to place them.

Somebody's got to say it: why not just use a fresh install? It would be cleaner and probably safer in the long run.

The Win 7 I am trying to clone has so much setup it would take weeks to reconfigure ;/

Even using Windows Easy Transfer?

Never used it before. Just so used to Windows apps being hit and miss from the early days. But might be worth a shot doing a fresh install and then a copy assuming it does applications ect...

Never used it before. Just so used to Windows apps being hit and miss from the early days. But might be worth a shot doing a fresh install and then a copy assuming it does applications ect...

It doesn't transfer installed apps over, but it does give a list of apps that were installed on the original system. I've actually found it handy for trimming an install back down -- i.e. getting rid of stuff I don't really need anymore.

^^ What he said.

Also, would NLite be a good option here? EDIT: never mind: just realized NLite has been released for Win7, 8, etc. Now what was the name of that other app that keeps track of your installed apps and can automatically re-install them?

Edited by ikon