RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
schoondoggy

HP MS G8 with HP P222-P212-P420 iLo and Health LED

LoneWolf

I received the bracket.  Commence with the fun (sarcasm intended).

The P212 bracket matches the card.  However the screws of the P222 controler's bracket don't match the P212 bracket without modification, nor do any others I tried.  They start to thread, and then the holes in the bracket narrow and stop the screws before they can go all the way through.  I learned this the hard way, and then ended up breaking a screw head off in the bracket trying to chase new threads. :angry:

On to Plan B.  I took my Dremel and a flat, circular stone grinding wheel, and ground off the spots on the back of the bracket where the screws were being stopped.  This let the screws go all the way through the bracket.  Unfortunately, I can only use one screw (the other hole is still blocked by the piece of screw broken off in it) but that's enough for my purposes at this time.

Edited by LoneWolf

psikey

Note:  I got my P222 today.  The bad is, unlike the picture the vendor showed, it did not come with the low-profile bracket.  I immediately e-mailed the vendor, who indicated that it was a mistake, and is going to attempt to find me the bracket, but I get a feeling that none of their P222 stock come with it, even though the picture shows both brackets are included.

I am now in the position of trying to find a low-profile card bracket for my P222 in the event the vendor cannot, and so far, I have not been successful.  With a P420/P410, less issue as there is no external port, but the P222/P212, it's another story.

My UK sourced one came with both brackets.

This is mine as new and you can see it shipped with the full bracket but the low-profile bracket still in the plastic sleeve at top of photo

20130821_133234_zpse42ad993.jpg

How much did you pay for yours? Mine was £230 ex VAT. including the 512MB FBWC

Edited by psikey

Joe_Miner

My UK sourced one came with both brackets.

This is mine as new and you can see it shipped with the full bracket but the low-profile bracket still in the plastic sleeve at top of photo

20130821_133234_zpse42ad993.jpg

How much did you pay for yours? Mine was £230 ex VAT. including the 512MB FBWC

Was that a "Retail Package" or a "Bulk Pack"?  I've been searching prices of 631667-B21 but I couldn't find documentation that the 631667-B21 includes the "short" mounting bracket.

LoneWolf

My bulk pack controller was $205USD  shipped, with no cache module.

I managed to find a 512MB cache module with capacitor pack for $85USD shipped, which kept the price great.  The low profile bracket cost a bit more, if I could find one cheap, I'd buy another.

Edited by LoneWolf

psikey

Was that a "Retail Package" or a "Bulk Pack"?  I've been searching prices of 631667-B21 but I couldn't find documentation that the 631667-B21 includes the "short" mounting bracket.

Not sure. I just asked my HP IT supplier to get me the part and that's as it came. I thought £230 was cheap as everywhere else was much more expensive.

Think I identified it as :  HPC Smart Array P222 HP 631667-B21

Could also have got it from here at the time for similar price: http://www.kikatek.com/P247263/631667-B21-HP-Smart-Array-P222-512MB-FBWC-6Gb-1  but price seems to have gone up massively since I got mine.

Edited by psikey

LoneWolf

I just converted British pounds to dollars.

At current rates, my controller, with the cache module and the extra bracket, came to 190BP.

230BP (the price of your controller in box) comes out to $375USD.  US prices here are usually about $385USD to start for the P222.

tangcla

Fan speeds with the P410 are at 31% - is this because the P410 isn't supported by the Microserver?

schoondoggy

Fan speeds with the P410 are at 31% - is this because the P410 isn't supported by the Microserver?

Probably, what OS are you running?

tangcla

Probably, what OS are you running?

Windows Server 2012 R2.

f0rtkN0x

Hi,

at first, this forum is awesome! :)

So much infos about this Microserver Gen8. Really nice.

Before i read a other prosting because of noisy fan, i tried 4 fans (Enermax Scyte...) without success. 

I always use selfmade server, with mdadm. never before use a real server. HP Gen8 is the first one. and with it, i will like a "pro" use HW-Raid

but ok, about P222, i will running it with Debian Wheezy, and have 2 questions:

1)should i add this hpsa reprository in the source.list and install over it? or manually, are there any hints how to do this?

2) If i understand it right, after setting a RAID (Example Raid 5) there should i see in the OS only one Device like /dev/sdX ?

my english skills are bad, sorry for it, greetings from vienna