RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

High-End Development/Gaming Desktops and Laptop

msawyer91

EDIT Monday 11/4/13 - prices on the desktops have been cut in light of the fast-approaching Christmas shopping season!

Call it a "going out of business" sale if you will. Since I decided to turn over all future development of Home Server SMART and WindowSMART to the open source community, I'm divesting myself of much of my development and testing lab. I've got some really nice hardware here. There are two high-end development/gaming desktops and a laptop. The desktops include a monitor, keyboard and mouse. Shipping for the desktops (including monitors) is $30 each; the laptop is $15.

I've posted the same on MediaSmartServer.net (with pictures - please see http://www.mediasmartserver.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13535)

Please shoot me a private message if interested. Need more pictures? Please let me know in your message what you'd like to see more specifically.

UNIT 1 - $750 - GREAT for ripping movies, burning Blu-rays and gaming

HP Envy d8-1534 Gaming Desktop (STILL UNDER HP WARRANTY through March 2014 - less than a year old)

AMD FX-6200 6-core processor 3.8 GHz

AMD Radeon HD 7570 graphics card with 2 GB dedicated video memory

10GB DDR3 memory

Seagate 1.5TB hard drive

DVD +/- R/RW drive with LightScribe

Windows 8 Professional

Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse

2 x USB 3.0 ports

Media card reader

UPGRADE: Second hard drive - Seagate 750GB

UPGRADE: Western Digital MyBook 3TB USB 3.0

UPGRADE: Hanns-G 23" widescreen Full-HD 1920x1080 monitor

UPGRADE: LG Blu-ray burner (includes 2 x 25 spindles of blank Blu-ray media)

==> Don't want the monitor or keyboard/mouse? Take $100 off if no monitor; take $30 off if no keyboard/mouse

==> Note that the "bubbling" you see in the pictures is the protective plastic that was on the PC when we got it. My wife doesn't believe in taking it off. You are free to remove it if you are the purchaser.

UNIT 2 - $650 - Desktop-turned-Server - GREAT for ripping movies and media transcoding

HP Pavilion d5200t Developer/Gaming Desktop (converted into a Server) - runs Server 2012 and 2012 Essentials R2 GREAT!

Intel Quad-Core Q9650 3.0GHz processor

8GB DDR2 memory

NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT video card with 1GB dedicated DDR2 memory - 2 x DVI ports

Intel Desktop/Workstation/Server Chipset SATA RAID controller

UPGRADE: Intel 160GB SSD configured as boot/system drive

UPGRADE: 2 x Seagate 1TB 7200 RPM hard drives (very fast in RAID!)

2 x Western Digital USB 500 GB hard drives installed in hot-swap bays

Dual Gigabit network Ethernet connections

Windows 7 Home Premium

UPGRADE: Windows 7 Ultimate

UPGRADE: LG Blu-ray reader with DVD+/- R/RW and LightScribe drive

DVD+/- R/RW LightScribe drive

DVD-ROM drive

UPGRADE: PCIe USB 3.0 adapter - 2 ports

UPGRADE: Silicon Image SiI 3132 2-port eSATA adapter (supports up to 5-port multiplier)

UPGRADE: 20" Insignia widescreen monitor 1600x900

==> Don't want the monitor or keyboard/mouse? Take $70 off if no monitor; take $20 off if no keyboard/mouse.

UNIT 3 - $300 Entertainment Laptop with Upgrades

HP dv6-3013cl Entertainment Notebook (15.6" 1366x768)

AMD Phenom II N930 Quad-Core Processor 2.0 GHz

6GB DDR2 memory (upgraded from 4GB)

UPGRADE: Kingston HyperX 128GB SSD

500 GB hard drive

AMD Mobility Radeon HD 4250

Windows 7 Home Premium

Power adapter

UPGRADE: Extra battery

UPGRADE: Extra power adapter

UPGRADE: Targus laptop bag (looks like new)

UPGRADE: Microsoft trackball mouse

Also included - DVD +/- R/RW drive that came with laptop (this was removed to support the SSD + hard drive configuration)

ADDITIONAL ITEMS FOR SALE

OCZ Vector 128 GB SSD - used for about one month - $75

Micron m4 128 GB SSD - $50

Nokia Lumia 520 Windows 8 phone upgraded with protective case and ZAGG lifetime warranty screen protector - $70 no contract required

Folks when I put this gear out here, I was pricing them at what I thought was a fair price for the quality and value of the hardware. However, my wife reminded me today that Christmas shopping season will be in full swing in just a few weeks, and that gobbles up a lot of people's budgets.

With that in mind, I cut the price of the HP Envy desktop from $900 to $750, and the price of the HP d5200t from $800 to $650.

Do you think they're still priced too high? Make me an offer. I am open to considering reasonable offers. You folks here are friends and colleagues so I'd prefer to see someone from this community buy them. I also include a 14-day DOA warranty -- if the item dies within 14 days you can send it back for a full refund. And if you're in the US, there's no cost for shipping.