RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Need new HDTV TV

cskenney

Wow, I would have thought you'd want to avoid glass, in case he broke it (by accident of course).

I don't really have much choice.  If you own a LED TV walk up and press on the screen with your finger.  The picture distorts really easily and I just don't think the display can handle a direct hit.

When he hits the TV it's usually with an open hand.  He doesn't do it much anymore but I am afraid an LED TV is just not robust enough if it does happen.  The old Panasonic plasma I had proved to be very robust.  The risk of broken glass is no more so than him walking up and hitting a window or the sliding glass door.

I was told there is a TV made by Sony with Guerrilla Glass.  I don't even want to see what that might cost.

Hmmm, I just pressed my 60" Bravia LED TV with my finger. There was a few seconds of, how do I describe it, kind of a circular oil-on-water effect, but then it went away. Also, I have cleaned the screen a number of times with zero ill effects. Just passing on the info for your consideration....

Hmmm, I just pressed my 60" Bravia LED TV with my finger. There was a few seconds of, how do I describe it, kind of a circular oil-on-water effect, but then it went away. Also, I have cleaned the screen a number of times with zero ill effects. Just passing on the info for your consideration....

Right....that effect was just by pressing (carefully I am sure) on the screen.  Are you willing to take the palm of your hand and slap it?  Probably not...I know I wouldn't.  From talking to various people who sell these TVs no one is ready to say that an LED TV can take a slap from a 7 year old boy.  I know my old Panasonic could and I like the new Panasonic plasma display anyways.  The kicker is I can get the Panny for $1250 vs. $1900 for the Samsung I was looking at.