RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Any Ideas for using two SkyDrive Accts on WHS2011

Joe_Miner

I haven't found anything on the internet to enable me to put two SkyDrive Accts on WHS2011 so I thought I'd ask here for ideas...............

I have installed my personal SkyDrive Acct onto WHS2011 as PCDoc outlined in: SkyDrive on WHS 2011-One install is all you need but I would also like to backup/sweep my wife's SkyDrive Acct also onto WHS2011

The only solution I have tought of is to add her account to a VM or even my HTPC and use Allway Sync to move those files to a folder in my pictures directory on WHS2011.

Joe_Miner

I want to be able to copy data off of my wife's skydrive account to my server like I now do with my skydrive account.

I'd also like to figure out a way to do the same with our two AT&T 50GB ea Locker accts.

not exactly what you are looking for but Dropbox Encore will let you run two Dropbox accounts simultaneously.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• GRichards
      By GRichards
      We installed a new modem from CenturyLink ( Model C1100Z) and when trying to reconnect to remote web site, I get an error saying that the UPnP is not enable or the modem does not support the UPnP, I have also enable the port forwarding for the specific ports and ensure that the UPnP was enabled. I contacted tech support from CenturyLink and told me that their end was good and nothing should be stopping it from working. I was wondering if there is a work around for this issue.
    • TheJason
      By TheJason
      I've been successfully backing up the C: partition of my Surface Pro to my Server2012E for about a week now.  But, I haven't tried to restore it yet.  Has anybody tried this using a recovery boot usb key?  How well has it worked?
    • urik1488993270
      By urik1488993270
      On the Surface RT, you can't sync files from SkyDrive to Windows RT (unless they're OneNote notebooks, which can sync and be available offline, meaning that this is perfectly possible on RT — even in Windows Store apps). The only way to take files with you is to open them in Office; any changes you made get synced back when you reconnect, making a mockery of the idea that Windows RT can't sync to SkyDrive. It's just that Microsoft hasn't enabled it.

See:  http://www.zdnet.com/windows-rts-achilles-heel-cloud-connections-7000009933/

Has Windows 8.1 resolved this issue?
    • Joe_Miner
      By Joe_Miner
      One of my HTPC's that starts to the MS account (N40L running Windows 10 Pro)  -- the Launch Pad would Load & Log in OK but the icon's are not visible (i.e. Backup, Remote, Shared Folders, Dashboard) but everything worked and from my WHS2011 it was backing up OK etc -- I was going to mess with it when I had a block of spare time then I noticed that another of my PC's that also starts up to another MS account (Z68 with i5 running Windows 10 Pro) started showing a blank Launch Pad also!  
      Has one of the W10 updates trashed this?  
      Anyone else experiencing the same?

What the french Toast!
    • TeeeBear
      By TeeeBear
      The C:\Users\MediaStreamingAdmin\AppData\Local\Microsoft folder shows 2.98gb size, but 11.4gb size on disk. Within the folder (with hidden files turned on) there are two more folders; "Caches" and "GameExplorer" which both appear to be empty, and one 256kb .dat file. Can anyone explain what's going on? 

This is a 60gb SSD with only 6gb available so I'm getting low disk space errors. The other day, I had removed some things and was up to ~15gb available, now all of a sudden I'm back to low disk space again. :/