RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Computer Monitoring Error

joem

My Windows 8 pro gets this alert in the "View Alerts"

Computer monitoring error

Can only partially assess the health of this computer.  The failing components are:

DeviceProviderReporting!DomainJoinStatusInfo.

I can't seem to resolve this alert.  I check my services for the server in Computer Management and they are all started. 

Any help would be appreciated.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Drashna Jaelre

• jmwills

• ikon

• joem

I get the same warning but only on one of 4 PCs connected to the server. None are domain clients.

Interested to hear an suggestions also.

If you are only seeing the even on no joined clients I would think the error is self explanatory.

DeviceProviderReporting!DomainJoinStatusInfo.

To me the earning is telling you that it cannot determine the status of a non-joined client.  Is the client being backed up?

This post may or may not help:

http://homeservershow.com/rejoin-a-client-computer-to-windows-server-2012-essentials.html

Good question Drashna.  I have it as primary.  And I have my router as secondary.  My other 12 computers on the domain and configured the same way without errors like this or any other issues. Just the one box has this warning and otherwise if fine.

Set up that way in DHCP?

from the server, can you ping the clients FQDN (as in computername.domainname.local)?

Setup that way in my Local Area Connection properties in the DNS settilngs.  And yes I can ping.  It backups every night to the server.

I am thinking there is something wrong on the Client. I wonder if it has a registry issue, one that's preventing it from properly reporting its status to the server.

One other thing I noticed is that my other computers cannot access shares on the computer.  I have researched all sharing resolutions.  I think you may be right Ikon.  I am going to do a system image restore from 9-1-2013.  I know the computer was sharing properly then, and also did not have the monitoring error.  Oh well, sometimes you just have to punt.  I will report back in a couple of hours and let you know if all is well again via image restore. 

Edited by joem