RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Windows Server Essentials Media Pack available now for R2

DanielN

From

Windows Server Essentials Media Pack:

This pack enables the media streaming functionality for Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials and the Windows Server Essentials Experience server role in Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard and Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter. By downloading and installing this pack, you will be able to restore the media streaming functionality.

• icon_minus.png

System Requirements
    Supported Operating System

Windows Server 2012 R2

• Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials; Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard & or Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter with the Windows Server Essentials Experience server role enabled

This certainly makes me want to retry WSE12 R2. Now if only I could get Anywhere Access work while dedicating a second NIC to Hyper-V....

I installed the media pack and it worked perfectly on Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials on an HP Gen8.  Nice to see they got rid of Silverlight for streaming.  MP4 video played back fine.  Music displays well (albums, artists, etc) in a browser.

Still need to check the My Server app on windows phone but I expect it will work fine.

DO you mean about the media pack itself... or the (thank god) ditching of silverlight in favor of HTML5? :)