RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Windows Search Service, Chkdsk, and CqvSvc Errors

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Anyone getting these errors? I get them on a daily basis and usually 5 to 10 times each per day. Below you will find the details. Of course selecting the link reveals nothing. All help would be appreciated.

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Chkdsk
Event Category: None
Event ID: 26212
Date: 5/17/2010
Time: 12:00:56 AM
User: N/A
Computer: BOOMER
Description:
Chkdsk was executed in read-only mode on a volume snapshot.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 70 44 00 00 a7 33 00 00 pD..

I periodically get the CqvSvc.exe warning and always have. I have disabled windows search completely. Are you running Adminime? That program is a great error generator.

Exception occurred: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

Yes I have adminime. I will uninstall and see if my problems are reduced.

I removed adminime and my total number of errors, warnings, and information notices has been reduced by about 2/3rds. In addition, no messages about my movies at all. Usually I have about 10 to 15 notices on my movies items. I will watch this for several days and see if this continues to be the case.

Unfortunately I still received the windows search error, "The entry <D:\SHARES\USERS\myname\.SVN\LOCK> in the hash map cannot be updated.". Anyone know what this means?

If anyone gets the chkdsk information notice, does it tell you "Chkdsk was executed in read-only mode on a volume snapshot."?

@ITTOG: Chkdsk is run every night at 00:00 on all your drives. If there's no problem then that's all you should see. If there is a problem, you will be getting a lot of ftdisk or ntfs errors alongside.

The other problem with Windows Search seems to be it's trying to index a Time Traveler temp file. I also have Windows Search turned off, so I am not seeing this and I don't know what the effects are.

ITTOG,

Welcome to the Adminime list of victoms. You are in good coampany. That is one "BUGGY" application and despite numberous emails from me and several I know, it is still not working as apppears he can not repeat a very repeatable problem. Go figure. I would recommend that everyone remove that thing from their homebuilds as I believe he is only testing on HP's. As for the shares error, I believe this is also another add-in? What else to you have by way of add-in's?

I can't resist - ITTOG, are you trying to catch up and pass Diehard on the number of Add-ins installed?

Yeah I think he needs some competition. This doesn't include a couple others that I recently uninstalled due to some errors I was seeing and was trying to figure out if one was the culprit; PMS, adminime, and one other I can't remember the name of right now. pcdoc helped me figure out it was adminime causing most the problems.