RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Bitdefender issues

tekguru

Is anyone using Bitdefender on a Windows 8.1 OS (x64) PC and linking it to Server 2012 Essentials R2?

If so does anyone know how to allow the connector through the firewall to allow a backup to take place?

No matter what I do the backup will stop unless I turn off the firewall completely?

Help!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Drashna Jaelre

• jmwills

• ikon

• tekguru

On which side is the blocking taking place?  I guess you could determine that by shutting down one side and trying a backup and if it still fails try the other one.

This should be as easy as creating a firewall rule (on which side is blocking) and creating a firewall rule to allow the connection.

It looks like I've resolved the issue by going into the adaptor setting in Bitdefender and allowing traffic to the server.

The rules seem generally to link intro executables and as I can't see an exe for the connector when performing a backup it's a little difficult to configure - one can't say allow X ports without an exe.

The last time I had to allow any ports was setting up SQL server for SharePoint and I know from experience that ports 1433 & 1434 have to open.  The firewall did not care about an .exe file.

I think I've solve my issues by allowing all traffic to the IP of the server. I could not find a way of opening the specific ports which I think are 80, 65510 for http and 65515 and 443 for https.

Those setting are in the Advanced Setting for the Firewall where you create your own custom rule.  Your waywill work as long as the server IP does not change.

Okay I'm missing something then, if I go into the advanced tab I can't see any way of setting any custom rules?

Hmm I did try to upload a picture but as my upload limit is 4.33Kb :)

Edited by tekguru

Control Panel>Windows Firewall

Look in the Left hand Column in the Action pane for Advanced Settings

Choose Inbound or Outbound Rule and in the Right hand Action Pane choose New Rule

Choose Port and input the ports you want open