RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
Todd

EX485 Won't boot

Todd

Hi,

I have an issue with my EX485.  Short story, when I apply power, the power supply fan starts up and the lights on the bottom front start lighting up like normal.  Sometimes, I will even hear what sounds like a drive start up.  But then it just shuts down and starts the cycle again.

I've tried starting it with just one drive in and even powered it with no drives connected.  Same response each time.

I'm hoping this is a power supply issue, but i'm not certain.  Any ideas/suggestions.  Thanks.

jmwills

Sure sounds like a power supply issue.

ikon

It could be the PSU, or it might be something on the mobo that's causing the PSU to go into Protective Shutdown. Any way you can try the PSU on another mobo?

jmwills

When was the last time you removed all of the dust bunnies from that case?

ikon

When was the last time you removed all of the dust bunnies from that case?

Ha! Speaking of which, yesterday I blew out a Dell GX520 pizza box unit that belongs to a client of a relative... cough, cough, sneeze, cough. :o  Thank goodness I have a nice, portable, 165psi DeVilbiss compressor.

dasthagir

please check the ram

Hi,

I have an issue with my EX485.  Short story, when I apply power, the power supply fan starts up and the lights on the bottom front start lighting up like normal.  Sometimes, I will even hear what sounds like a drive start up.  But then it just shuts down and starts the cycle again.

I've tried starting it with just one drive in and even powered it with no drives connected.  Same response each time.

I'm hoping this is a power supply issue, but i'm not certain.  Any ideas/suggestions.  Thanks.

please check the ram

ikon

It seems unlikely that he's still worried about his EX485 — the thread is from 2013. :)