RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
schoondoggy

HP MS Gen 8 configuration

schoondoggy

I have a few threads going, but I thought I would start a new one as this is a bit of a accumulation of data:

HP MS Gen 8

E3-1220L

16GB memory

WHS 2011 installed on two WD VR 250GB (prototype bracket) RAID 1 on the B120i

Four Hitachi drives in the MS swappable bays in RAID 5 on the internal port of the HP P212

Four Samsung drives in a Sans Digital TR4X+B in RAID 5 on the external port of the HP P212

DVD drive in ODD bay

6 drives in the MS Gen 8 and 4 in the Sans Digital;

hy1d.jpg
One data cable;
jjyj.jpg

• Like 1

Joe_Miner

I have a few threads going, but I thought I would start a new one as this is a bit of a accumulation of data:

HP MS Gen 8

E3-1220L

16GB memory

WHS 2011 installed on two WD VR 250GB (prototype bracket) RAID 1 on the B120i

Four Hitachi drives in the MS swappable bays in RAID 5 on the internal port of the HP P212

Four Samsung drives in a Sans Digital TR4X+B in RAID 5 on the external port of the HP P212

DVD drive in ODD bay

6 drives in the MS Gen 8 and 4 in the Sans Digital;

hy1d.jpg
One data cable;
jjyj.jpg

Very Nice set-up Schoondoggy!!

ikon

Nice. Now you need some self-adhesive Velcro and stack that Sans Digital on top of the MicroServer :D

c0mm0n

How is the p212 going with ILO ?

c0mm0n

I moved to a P222 to get iLO support.

If you are looking at monitoring P212 and P410 controllers, here is a great post on using PRTG:

http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/6167-hp-smart-array-with-hp-events-notification-service-and-prtg-network-monitor/

Thanks Schoon,

In fact i'm looking at having a normal fan behavior when using Debian/Proxmox.

From what I read, having an ILO compatible card would allow me to use AHCI without the high fan issue.

schoondoggy

Yes, it would.

Shimano

Hi there, i recently got a HP MicroServer Gen8 and i ordered a HP P212 controller from eBay waiting it to get here. I would like some help with the external mSAS cable 8088 i'm trying to buy a cable from ebay but i see there are 2 versions of the mini sas 8088 with 2 grove and 3 grove can you please help me by posting a picture of the external mini sata cable that you used to connect the p212 and Sans Digital TR4X+B so i know ? 

I wanted to buy this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161527180198?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AITis it ok for P212 and Sans Digital TR4X+B ?

shakenfr

hello,

have you links or reference for a low profile bracket for gen8 microserver with P212 Smart Array ?

best

bruno

schoondoggy

hello,

have you links or reference for a low profile bracket for gen8 microserver with P212 Smart Array ?

best

bruno

Search ebay for 'lsi low profile bracket' you may find one with the hole in it. I have taken solid lp brackets and made the hole with a drill and nibbler.