RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
awraynor

2012E Back to 2011 Questions and Observations

ikon

Poppapete, I can confirm that BMR of Win8 and Win8.1 clients works from WHS2011 (with the WHS2011 GPT Hotfix of course).

awraynor

@ikon.  I used the Credential Manager on the client. Neither of the two user accounts would

work when entered. The administrator account is the only one that would.

ikon

I'm not sure I'm clear on your <Question 1>. Are you only trying to use Remote Desktop on Win8.1 to connect to WHS2011? If so, I can confirm that it does work. However, I am using a local account. I don't use Microsoft Accounts for Win8 or 8.1 because I'm not interested storing stuff in the cloud. I was actually fairly annoyed that Win8.1 forced me to use a Microsoft Account during the installation. I used my MS Account, then I created a regular, old local account and deleted the MS Account.

awraynor

Yes, I am trying to RDP into WHS2011 from a Win 8.1 machine that uses MS credentials.

If I try to RDP from the 8.1 machine with the credentials of either of the two accounts created on the server

RDP doesn't work. If I use the credentials for the Administrator account of the server RDP works.

jmwills

Do the accounts that are failing have Remote Access Rights?

ikon

Do the accounts that are failing have Remote Access Rights?

Good question.

awraynor

Yes they do.

jmwills

Just to be sure, I am speaking of RDP and not Remote Logon.

If so, you need to open the Credential manager and examine the difference between the accounts that do have access and those that do not as well as looking in AD to see what Groups the accounts are members of.