RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Microsoft Security Essentials done -- what to switch to?

After reading them, you feel as if you should change from what you bought two years ago (which was always way down the list) to whatever was now on top.  

Indeed. That's exactly why I went with BitDefender -- it's been right near the top of the list for at least 5 years. That could change of course, but at least there's a good track record.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• awraynor

• Jason

• ikon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The ESET Family 5 Pack on sale has sold out. Guess they've been reading the HSS forums.

Posted Images

Recently MSSE has asked to send some files to MS for analysis. They were the shortcut for the 2011 Launchpad and two album art jpgs for Zune Pass tracks, funny choices.

How do you get rid of Bitdefender's annoying pop-ups? Even after licensing the app I get an "Activate Bitdefender Services" login prompt on my desktops constantly.

Uh, that's not what I said. I was simply suggesting you open a Tech Support ticket with BitDefender to get them to tell you how to get rid of the Activation popups, and to determine what's wrong.

OK. My fault. Fortunately I already had a ticket open. Will post back in case anyone else experiences. It's happening on every Windows PC with registered Antivirus Plus 2013 version.

Thanks Jason; it'll be good to have the feedback.

Per Bitdefender, once you create a My Bitdefender account and login to the prompt, this popup will cease and you can monitor statistics via the web account.