RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

2012 Essentials R2 + Hyper-V + Haswell = Pain

That's a shocking price to me for a Ubiquiti device. I'm used to Ubiquiti gear being well made but really inexpensive for what you get.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmwills

• ikon

• itGeeks

• Drashna Jaelre

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In that case....Xerox should own everything sold by Apple and Microsoft.

schoondoggy

Ubiquiti is very affordable for what you are getting. These are enterprise grade access points. Even at $299 they are much cheaper than Cisco, Aruba, Juniper, Xirrus,,,,,,,

Asus is a very good WiFi router. They may be in trouble for violating standards;

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-news/32170-netgear-suing-asus-for-wireless-hanky-panky

An interesting tack by Asus, if true. Basically, hang the regs, let's make a router that will beat the pants off the competition and let the chips fall where they may. Almost an "easier to ask for forgiveness afterward than permission beforehand" approach. It's a gutsy move for sure.

A coworker got that one and I got the AN (?) the same one that noControl spoke about on a BYOB podcast.  Great UI.

Ubiquiti is very affordable for what you are getting. These are enterprise grade access points. Even at $299 they are much cheaper than Cisco, Aruba, Juniper, Xirrus,,,,,,,

Asus is a very good WiFi router. They may be in trouble for violating standards;

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/wireless/wireless-news/32170-netgear-suing-asus-for-wireless-hanky-panky

schoondoggy, Thats very true they are cheaper than Cisco, Aruba, Juniper. What I was saying is they have a place for enterprise, MultiPoint installation but we as home user can do better with products from company like Asus. I tested Ubiquiti Unifi Pro and I was not impressed, My throughput was almost cut in half from the performance of my Asus.

schoondoggy, Thats very true they are cheaper than Cisco, Aruba, Juniper. What I was saying is they have a place for enterprise, MultiPoint installation but we as home user can do better with products from company like Asus. I tested Ubiquiti Unifi Pro and I was not impressed, My throughput was almost cut in half from the performance of my Asus.

Probably because Ubiquiti are following the rules ;)