RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
BSR

Loaded N54L MicroServer

BSR

Hey all.  I would put this on eBay but thought I would offer it to the HSS community first.

I have two MicroServers -- this is the newer of the two and after doing some hard thinking I have decided to drop to just one.  Here is what is offered:

• HP ProLiant G7 N54L MicroServer Server System AMD Turion II 2.2 Ghz
  • 16 GB RAM (2 Kingston 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory Model KVR1333D3N9/8G)
  • Samsung 840 MZ-7TD120 120GB SSD -- currently in slot one as the boot/OS drive
  • 3 Western Digital Red 2TB WD20EFRX hard drives
  • HP Proliant Remote Access Card
  • LG optical drive (installed in top bay)

Most of this was purchased in April.  I have had this running Windows Server 2012 Essentials for the last few months and have had no issues -- everything works perfectly.  With the end of TechNet looming, I have decided to go in a different direction and don't need this extra MicroServer.

On eBay I would want $650-700 for it.  I'll offer it to the HSS group here at $550 and throw in free ground shipping to the lower 48.  It'll even come in the original box.

Any takers?

DSC_0409.jpg

DSC_0410.jpg

DSC_0406.jpg

DSC_0404.jpg

ikon

That's a nice offer. Sorry, I'm not in the lower 48.

jmwills

You're not even in the upper two.... :o

johnas

I'm interested. PM sent.

ikon

You're not even in the upper two.... :o

Very true.

FiLiNuX

WOW!  That is a great deal BSR.  If it does not sell (I imagine it will) would you consider selling the REDS separately?

jmwills

I was going to say that yesterday, the parts may be worth more than the whole.  Although I did see a deal yesterday on 2TB Reds for ~$99

BSR

WOW!  That is a great deal BSR.  If it does not sell (I imagine it will) would you consider selling the REDS separately?

Well I also have a Synology (2bay) to unload soon.  If the Microserver ends up being parted out I might throw two in there  -- would make a nice 4TB setup.

I'm still thinking I can get someone to take it in it's current form, though.

BSR

Ok....it's not moving in its current form.  How about this setup with the drives changed out.  Boot drive would be the 250GB Seagate it came with and three 500GB drives.  Two are WD Caviar Black and one is a Hitachi.  All the 500GB are 7200rpm and from 2010 & 2011 -- not super old, and none has been used much.

So it would look like this:

• HP ProLiant G7 N54L MicroServer Server System AMD Turion II 2.2 Ghz
  • 16 GB RAM (2 Kingston 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory Model KVR1333D3N9/8G)
  • Seagate Barracuda VB0250EAVER (250GB) -- currently in slot one as the boot/OS drive
  • Hitachi Deskstar 0F10381 (500GB)
  • 2 Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS (500GB)
  • HP Proliant Remote Access Card
  • LG optical drive (installed in top bay)

So that's a boot drive and 1.5 TB of space to get you started in MicroServerland.  How does $350 sound?  Still free CONUS shipping.

aawtrey

I'm interested. PM sent.