RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Timetraveler (False Positive)

pcdoc

I must admit the support for Time traveler is steller. I tried to downlaod it and received virus warnings so I contacted there support and within hours they where all over this. Great service which says something.

Hi Mike,

Thank you very much for the additional detail. This was very helpful. Our labs were able to reproduce this issue running a manual File Insight scan on the time traveler install file. It appears an NIS 2010 automated file scan works correctly but a manual scan returns this false positive. After reviewing the Symantec forums it appears many people are having similar issues with NIS 2010 reporting false positives on various files. See this thread for more details http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/What-is-WS-Reputation-1/td-p/228251/page/6;jsessionid=F646797D8F22F59EFBA38C6E18C594C1

on a positive note, our timetravelerwhs.msi install file is free of viruses. On a negative note, NIS will report the virus incorrectly until Symantec updates their virus rules (nothing we can do about it unfortunately). I've submitted a dispute with Symantec and provided the time traveler file to them for review. Hopefully they will fix their issue quickly so you, and others, are not bothered by this issue.

p.s. I'll email you when\if I hear back from Symantec about their resolution on this issue.

Thanks again,
Jim, Time Traveler Support.

Haven't fully finished the podcast regarding Time Traveler, but all comments appear positive.
I don't mind paying for quality software and even more for quality service. Thinking about
giving it a try, or at least a trial?

Outstanding, I took advantage of it and picked it up for the discount price.

I was just testing this Add-in the other day based on the podcast discussion, so I'm pleased to see a discount offer.

One thing I noticed, though, was that the hidden .svn directories it uses for rollback tracking caused an issue with backing up some of my shares. The added directories caused some of the material to exceed the path length limit, throwing backup errors. I guess I could try to de-nest some of my directories to avoid the issue, but it leaves me wondering why rollback & backups should succeed or fail based on how I choose to organize my files.

- Jeff

I've seen this with a bunch of my video files, during a Shares Backup, I had to rename the folders to something shorter. It's a Windows thing.

Not sure this is the right place, but just to say, the timer traveler support is great.. i bought the addin with a coupon which gave a me a bit of discount, then found the 50FROMHSS coupon, they are refunding me my initial purchase so i can get it cheaper.. how great is that..!!
Ian.