RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Client Backup Unsuccessful

Poppapete

One Client out of 3 unsuccessful for last 5 days with message "Insufficient storage available. Backup cannot save a snapshot"

Free space on server is 886GB of a 2TB disk. So to test I tried a manual backup of just the OS drive on the client, 238GB but still get the same unsuccessful message.

Any ideas ?

So I got it wrong. The Server (2012E) Client Backup Disk is 2794Gb with 1904GB used and 890 Free.

I have since tried another manual backup of just the client OS and it was successful. So it seems I just need more storage space.

Can I get this by just unticking enable shadow copies on the client backup disk?

Yes, if you are backing up that much...I would suggest getting an external drive and being selective about what gets backed up.

You're right.  It was my multimedia drive which I have removed from the list. I then unticked shadow copies and it just completed a full manual backup of all remaining data in about 5 minutes.  Multimedia was just a bunch of episodes from shows my wife likes to watch so NOT important.

Will buy a WD 3TB red and add it to the storage space.  Never had to add an extra disk before.

Thank you jmwills. It's 8:30 am Sunday morning here, don't know what time it is wherever you are at present!

Edited by Poppapete