RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

R2 RTM - Dropping Client Computers and Now the Server from Devices!

No, it's not supposed to be like this.

However, mine fixed itself...

The client computers have stayed online and not archived for about 3 weeks now, and after some Windows Updates and reboots this past weekend, the Server itself is now listed under Devices again.

Crazy...

Great to here your trouble fixed itself over time. I had decided to do yet another clean install because by gut told me it could be a dirty install and guess what? My gut was right, After doing a clean install after I posted this everything seems to be working now including the server showing up in the dashboard. Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fx45guy

• jmwills

• ikon

• itGeeks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great to here your trouble fixed itself over time. I had decided to do yet another clean install because by gut told me it could be a dirty install and guess what? My gut was right, After doing a clean install after I posted this everything seems to be working now including the server showing up in the dashboard. Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. 

And I just looked at the Dashboard again...  And now they're all archived again and the Server is missing!  Oh for Pete's sake Microsoft...

I found people having this issue with regular 2012 (not R2) also. 

Unbelievable!

And I just looked at the Dashboard again...  And now they're all archived again and the Server is missing!  Oh for Pete's sake Microsoft...

I found people having this issue with regular 2012 (not R2) also. 

Unbelievable!

O Sorry to here that. I would say re-burn the image and do a clean install, That's what worked for me. I no its a hassle but maybe your install when bad as mine did. I just checked again and everything looks good.

It could be a corrupt image.  Do yo have access to another install image?

As jmwills has said, Download a new image and burn that to new media and that should fix it. I did the same thing after my trouble and it fixed it. I don't no if it was bad media or a bad image but now it works fine. Yes I agree its a bug with Microsoft, What else is new??

Ok I think I am done with R2 because I just checked and it Archived all of my computers again and the server does not show up in the dashboard anymore. What the heck could be causing this?

Update: Ok just did a Hard Boot of the server and now everything is online again. I don't understand this.

Edited by Mr Fixit

Did you perform a clean install?

Yes I did more then once. I even uninstalled all the connecters on the clients and set them back to workgroup and reinstalled the connecters in fact one of the workstation has a clean install of Windows 8.1 and still all this trouble. Funny thing is after I posted this I did a Hard Reboot instead of a soft reboot and now everything is back online. 20 Soft reboots did not fix the trouble but a hard reboot did.

Edited by Mr Fixit

Ok I think I am done with R2 because I just checked and it Archived all of my computers again and the server does not show up in the dashboard anymore. What the heck could be causing this?

Update: Ok just did a Hard Boot of the server and now everything is online again. I don't understand this.

Rebooting the server doesn't fix it for me.