RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

R2 RTM - Dropping Client Computers and Now the Server from Devices!

In that last screenshot, I removed the clients from the Archived Computers listing, and I only removed and reinstalled connector on my desktop.

I did not remove and reinstall connector on the Media Center PC, nor the Surface Pro.

So yes, they are still listed in AD after they are archived.

Also the MPC is still running Win8, not Win8.1 due to a DCA bug in the RTM bits.

So whatever is doing this does it equally to Win8 and Win8.1 (RTM).

Last screenshot doesn't show that.  AD is either going to show the clients as members or not, not as Archived as there is no status for that type of client.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fx45guy

• jmwills

• ikon

• itGeeks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Essentials Dashboard Devices tab shows them as archived, while the AD Users and Computers listing shows them as connected.

So they are not losing their AD connection as the Essentials Dashboard drops them.

Last screenshot doesn't show that.  AD is either going to show the clients as members or not, not as Archived as there is no status for that type of client.

"shows them as connected"?.

AD does not show "connectivity", but whether or not a Domain objects exists and if it is Enabled or Disabled. 

So I take it the AD objects exsists and the object is enabled.

Update...

Yesterday I rejoined in the Media Center PC.  Today it's showing Removed.  The desktop is still showing as Online.

So, whatever is going on, it didn't remove both of them at the same time.

screen3.jpg

Edited by fx45guy
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

I just took the plunge to WSE2012 R2 and lucky me I now have the same problem as this poster. Has anyone figured out y WSE2012 R2 is removing devices and dropping them into archive? Also my dashboard does not list the server under devices, Is this normal for WSE2012 R2??

Thanks for taking the time.

Edited by Mr Fixit

Hi All,

I just took the plunge to WSE2012 R2 and lucky me I now have the same problem as this poster. Has anyone figured out y WSE2012 R2 is removing devices and dropping them into archive? Also my dashboard does not list the server under devices, Is this normal for WSE2012 R2??

Thanks for taking the time.

No, it's not supposed to be like this.

However, mine fixed itself...

The client computers have stayed online and not archived for about 3 weeks now, and after some Windows Updates and reboots this past weekend, the Server itself is now listed under Devices again.

Crazy...

Edited by fx45guy