RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Video Converters

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Anyone have any good suggestions for video converters. Both free and those that aren't. I have an avi file that I can't convert to BD without having A/V sync issues. I use Pinnacle Studio 14 for the conversion. Their only suggestino was to download a free converter and convert to mpeg and then try it. I do this all the time without problems but this file is giving me a lot of problems so I probably won't be able to get it to work but I will at least give it a shot. Also, my avi file is full HD so I don't want to loose that. Thanks in advance.

Can you convert to another format as a go-between? Mpeg2? I've used pinnacle products but never with avi HD type files. I've also had luck with Microsoft expression encoder but mainly with DVD conversion to my zine.

I can within Studio 14 but the same A/V synch issues occur. I just need a different program to try and see if it helps. I will try the MS Expression Encoder. Thanks.

Diehard,

that program won't work for this issue as it is for working with DVD's and Blu-Rays, not avi's, mpeg's, etc. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Try Nero Digital. Free nero trial is available. Lot of bloatware but a powerful program.

• 1 month later...

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Problem solved.

Would be helpful if you could provide a little insight into how and with what program the problem was solved with? Any of the suggestions here work? Was it something else? Current post provides little value to the rest of the community here without additional information. Thanks.