RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

New Untangle 10.0 is out now!

Big Worm

Requires a complete new install (no upgrade). Released for IVP6 support I guess. I am a coward and will wait till a few others have upgraded without problems.  Pretty lost if the router's not working.

I just saw this.  Going to give a shot this week.  Have an extra drive and will do a fresh install without messing up my existing configuration just in case. Will post my results.

Forgot to mention you can try the USB version just for kicks first before making the full commit.

I was thinking about trying this as well.  Got the e-mail on it too.  I might move to a ZyWall 20 on the outside and bring that into an Untangle box.  I might let you guys work on this new version for a while first!

I was thinking about trying this as well.  Got the e-mail on it too.  I might move to a ZyWall 20 on the outside and bring that into an Untangle box.  I might let you guys work on this new version for a while first!

My ZyWALL 20 is working great.

Does untangle have a QoS or traffic shaping feature like pfsense?

It does but version 9 was not very elegant or as powerful as pfSense.  Hoping to see improvements with the major overhaul of version 10

Thanks Big Worm!! (Big Perm!! :)

I like post like this.  With so much going on in the world of computing and so many projects (some I use, some I am interested in, etc) its easy to miss new developments & releases.  I usually will not let anything auto update / check for new versions so sharing like this is good. 

I wonder if the Admins/Mods would think that a "Just Released" or New Version, Revision, Security Updates, Patches, Firmwares, section would be a good idea.  Not just for things in this category but all OS's, apps, programs, firmwares, etc.  I have seen it several places here but its scattered about.  

• Like 1

Thanks Big Worm!! (Big Perm!! :)

I like post like this.  With so much going on in the world of computing and so many projects (some I use, some I am interested in, etc) its easy to miss new developments & releases.  I usually will not let anything auto update / check for new versions so sharing like this is good. 

I wonder if the Admins/Mods would think that a "Just Released" or New Version, Revision, Security Updates, Patches, Firmwares, section would be a good idea.  Not just for things in this category but all OS's, apps, programs, firmwares, etc.  I have seen it several places here but its scattered about.  

I sure like the idea.  One stop shop for updates is a great topic for enthusiasts as we all cannot capture everything.