RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Grant B

EX490 on network that already has a EX495 on it.

msawyer91

If you still have the EX490 and the EX495, they use the same PSU. Try swapping the PSU from the non-working server to the working server. If the non-working server starts working, then it's the PSU. If the non-working server stays non-working, then you've likely got a bad mobo. You might want to check and see if you have any blown or bulging capacitors. Some of the caps on that board seem to be pretty precariously placed and I've heard of people accidentally knocking one off when trying to upgrade the CPU or doing some other kind of maintenance that requires pulling out the mobo/PSU assembly.

My EX490 had a PSU go kablooie earlier this year and I ordered a replacement, and it works great. The first one I ordered has two connectors on the cable, so it's really awkward in the server, and the door can't close. I set that one aside as an emergency spare. I then went out onto eBay and found Overtek in the UK who specializes in MediaSmart PSUs, and ordered one from them. It's flawless.

Grant B

Yes, that is an option. Really don't want to mess with the 495 unless I have to. I took a look the the motherboard when I installed the new PSU. It looked OK but maybe I'll take another look.

The replacement PSU is from Overtek. If it turns out to be the mobo on the 490, I will more than likely keep it for a spare as well too.

Thanks for the reply.