Thanks Joe!

Edited by g725s

g725s

Joe_Miner,

Are the drives hot swappable?

Joe_Miner

No.  Not in my opinion. 

g725s

You could do software raid but not hardware raid right?

Edited by g725s

Joe_Miner

It's JBOD -- Just a Bunch Of Disks so the Hard Drives are accessed individually -- if you RAID em it will have to be SW  http://www.sansdigital.com/towerraid-/tr4mplusbnc.html   unless you use a port multiplier RAID adaptor card http://www.sansdigital.com/esata-port-multiplier/index.php

I will be adding them, individually, to my Stablebit Drivepool.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• MrEinstin
      By MrEinstin
      I want to rebuild my stock N54L. My preferred line of thinking is to use a PCIe X-16 card and about a 240Gb NVME M.2 SSD as my boot drive. I'm concerned about the BIOS seeing this though and being able to use it as a bootable device. Anyone tried something like this yet? I'm wanting to use all 4 drive cages for storage drives. I can't find anything in the bios regarding UEFI so I have to wonder if this is even possible or could there be a bios mod out there that would work?

My alternative setup would wind up being a regular SATA SSD and replace the DVD drive with it. I'd rather the speed of the NVME PCIe setup though if its possible.

Anyone?

• Mark Belanger
      By Mark Belanger
      Greetings,

I'm new to the HPMSG8 world and so far I'm loving it. I have a stock Xeon with 16G of aftermarket memory with iLO patched to 2.70. Next up is adding a RAID card, so I can put my boot SSD on the onboard RAID. I picked up a LSI SAS9211-8i on Amazon, but am struggling to flash it to IT mode on the MicroServer. Is this even possible? Unfortunately, the only other system I have with PCI slots is 32-bit.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

-MB
    • npapanik
      By npapanik
      FYI, I have just installed Windows Server 2019 Standard (Desktop Experience) using the latest (WS2016) HP AMD chipset & VGA driver. Everything is recognised in Device Manager and stable.
    • TonyTheTechie
      By TonyTheTechie
      I need to update the firmware on a HP Proliant Microserver Remote Access Card installed in my N40L.

Can someone please explain what I need to do to create a boot device that will update the firmware on the Remote Access Card?

Thanks

Tony Self