RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

mATX Case

lopta

I'm looking for an mATX desktop or mini-tower case that uses ordinary 120mm fans, preferably one just in front of the drive cage and one at the back of the case. Ideally I want room for a pair of 3.5" hard disk drives and perhaps a front-accessible half-height 5.25" bay for a DVD-RAM or tape drive. It would be nice if it were not butt-ugly. Any suggestions?

Thanks Ikon. Of those the PC-v352 looks better than a lot of the cases I've seen recently. At least it has an exhaust fan near the drive cage. Having the 5.25" drive sticking out the side is inconvenient though. I'll keep looking.

pcdoc: That's even better! I like that the optional fan ports are covered to maintain airflow through the case. The dust filters are helpful too. I'll have a look at their Web site to see if I can find a smaller case with fewer drive bays though: this one's a bit larger than I had in mind.

Ha. I thought you would go for the PC-A04, given that it comes with 3x120mm fans and you can add an 80mm to the rear wall. That, and the 2x120mm fans at the front blow directly through the drive cages