RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
mrmellypants

Gen8 MicroServer iLO4 & Remote Monitoring & License

T-Bone

Schoondogy are your links for the most current version? I only ask because I just got the Gen8 and want to make sure I have everything I need. should I get the license that has tech support and upgrade?

schoondoggy

Thanks for the link, but I want to access the server from a different city to the physical location of the server, and want to know how to configure. The translator think I play tricks :(

Sorry I missed your question, but you need to get on your home network to use iLo. You could do that with VPN or you could remote access one of your computers with something like TeamViewer and use iLo that way.

Schoondogy are your links for the most current version? I only ask because I just got the Gen8 and want to make sure I have everything I need. should I get the license that has tech support and upgrade?

This one has worked in all Gen8 MIcroServers I have installed it in, it comes with one year of support:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/F-S-NEW-RETAIL-512485-B21-ILO-ADV-PK-SGL-SVR-W-1YR-TS-U-/221595391106?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33981d5482&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

T-Bone

is there any benefit for longer support? have you used your support at all?

schoondoggy

is there any benefit for longer support? have you used your support at all?

I don't think I have ever used the iLo support.

T-Bone

ok that answers my question if I should get the longer support License.